Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Volkswagen Golf R Debuts, With No Immediate Plans for U.S. Rollout

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in General

image2014 Volkswagen Golf R Debuts, With No Immediate Plans for U.S. Rollout

The flagship 2014 Volkswagen Golf R debuted in Europe on Tuesday, but Volkswagen of America said there are no immediate plans for a rollout of the car in the U.S.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• It looks like an impressive performance car. It is a shame that it will not be offered in the U.S., at least not initially. I am wondering what the next generation Scirocco R will look like and what its specifications will be. Now that is a car I would love to see in the U.S. I like the Golf R, but I have always loved the Corrado and Scirocco.
  • wdrauchwdrauch Posts: 22
    I would be very surprised if we don't get the R in the U.S. eventually. However, since we won't even get the new base Golf until next year I imagine it will be at least a couple of years before this R is brought over.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    Are those tires or O-rings? That tire/rim combo wouldn't last a day on most roads in LA, Chicago, or NYC.
  • wackfordwackford Posts: 41
    I really hope that VW brings it here, and with 4 (5) doors and the DSG.