Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Windshield distortion in the long-term 2013 Tesla Model S.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I hate you. This is exactly the type of thing that will drive me to distraction and somehow I never noticed it before. My drive home is going to suck.
  • Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    This is why contoured glass is a compromise toward aero and style. A flat plan of glass is more ideal from a visibility and fatigue perspective, such as on an airliner or space shuttle.
  • Options
    toto_48313toto_48313 Member Posts: 8
    This is not a problem at all, once you figure it's there you pay a little bit more attention, but in less than 2 days you'll forget about it.
  • Options
    nanostreamnanostream Member Posts: 6
    You might consider driving with your nose at a height greater than that of the dashboard. This can be accomplished with the adjustable controls located on the left side of the seat. Do you also find you have problems staring at the wiper blades as they travel through their full excursion? If you focus on the road ahead of the car instead of the hood as you're driving, the problem will (miraculously) disappear. There is also a small Tesla logo on the left lower corner of the windshield. Alternatively, if you stare at that you will completely forget about the area of distortion. I'm glad we could work through this together.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    My Leaf has some window distortion in its midsection. Must be an EV thing.
  • Options
    joefrompajoefrompa Member Posts: 64
    This is a glass manufacturing defect. It's actually not uncommon on a variety of vehicles when you have aftermarket glass installed. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be there - it's a problem with the glass itself.