Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The future of Mazda trucks

lonesomeduvlonesomeduv Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Mazda
I keep reading and hearing that Mazda is considering giving up the truck market.

Mazda as a whole seems to be struggling right now but they have some promising new car models coming out soon (the 6 and the RX-8). I wonder what would happen if Ford cut them loose from the Ranger-clone and let them design something fresh from the ground up.

Comments

• maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Where do pickup trucks fit into Mazda's image?
  • tbundertbunder Member Posts: 580
    the pickup fits mazda's image well enough that they still sponsor supercross and motocross events with 'their' trucks.
    whatever the new ranger is, the new mazda will probably be too.
    imo, the mazda b4000 is the truck to buy right now if you want a ranger. they are the same truck, but have a better warranty and are very hard to find.
  • midnight_stangmidnight_stang Member Posts: 862
    I keep on pricing the ranger and the b3000, because I want a regular cab....

The price seems about the same (without any Ford incentives or discounts), but the warranty is definitely in Mazda's favor....
    if you want a regular cab, i'd go for a ranger edge. those things can be had pretty cheap, especially if you can handle the 3.0 and manual. sounds like you can. a 4x4 could be picked up for probably around $15 to $16K in that configuration. maybe less with incentives. let me know when you get a new truck, and ill do the same. later
  • midnight_stangmidnight_stang Member Posts: 862
    That is what I'm looking at, the ranger edge (plus) with 3.0l and manual for about 16,600 MSRP. I know I can probably get it out the door for a little over 15,000 including TTL. (And that is a high estimate) That includes LSD, all power options and 6 disc cd changer. Girlfriend wants me to get the extended cab, but I don't think I really want or need it. Probably will just get a locking tonnau(sic) cover. Anyways, the B3000 would be the next best option. I'll know what to get more as I get closer to buying, which looks like Feb. 2003.
    only one thing i don't like about the mazda's. and that is the fender cutouts. it is more squared than the ranger's round. i don't like it. but it does look cool on the top of the line b4000 with off-road group equivalent to the FX4. now there's a rare truck indeed. the mazda version of the FX4. they do make it too. later
  • ksu79ksu79 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Mazda B3000 4x4 and need help in fixing a problem. It has 52000 miles on it. It began running alittle rough but nothing too horrid, figured just bad gas or something. The check engine light then came on and it started running better! I parked it at home and thought about the problem, the light comes on and it runs better.

Call the extended warrenty place and took it in to where I purchased the truck. Well 9 days later I get "we don't know what it is, we've changed the sensor but the light still works. we don't have the proper equiptment so we're sending it to a madza store to look at."

Naturally I wasn't a happy camper but what was I too do. Has this ever happened to anyone else. All I want is the light to be properly fixed because we were going to sell it before thelight even came on. Don't need the truck but sitting at a dealer with what I thought was an easy fix just isn't cutting it.

So help! Thanks
This discussion has been closed.