Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Lowering the top to our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG roadster proves to be magical for a five-year-old girl.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    And did she also get to experience the joy of an AMG V8 at full song with the top down? I sure hope so.
  • mcrrtmcrrt Member Posts: 93
    Brent, this is so awesome. Enjoy these kinds of experiences with your kids, as they're only young and so easily awe-inspired for a very short time.

I sold off my soft-top Wrangler about 5 years ago; my then 4 year old twin boys loved sitting in the back with the breeze rushing over them. My daughter will be 5 in about a week....wonder if I should find another Jeep.

Thanks for sharing this moment with us. :-)
  • bryan__tbryan__t Member Posts: 23
    I recently took my 5-year old out in my convertible as well. It was awesome. We drove the long way home from his grandparent's house (around the Palos Verdes peninsula for you SoCal folks) and he loved every minute of it. Now he only wants to ride in the roadster and gets upset when he has to ride in a normal car. Still, it was worth it and is becoming a weekend tradition.
  • sailor28sailor28 Member Posts: 1
    Oh Brent you better check your owner's manual!

Bet ot says that children of this age and anyone in a booster seat shouldn't be in the front seat.

Like any car today airbags are designed for adults and if there's an accident the booster seat might as well be a booster rocket! The "equal force"- check Newton's Laws of Physics applied to your child will have greater effect than on a 100 lb adult!
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Well, we were waiting for someone to chime in with BOGUS info and sure enough sailor gets the booby prize. Contemporary (and especially expensive) two seat convertibles have sophisticated systems in place to know the difference between an adult and a child in the passenger seat and turn-off the airbag - among other things. So put the kid in, lower the top and have some big fun. Life long memories are hard to come by. Enjoy it.