Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lincoln MKS, BMW 5 Series Stumble In New Round of Crash Tests | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in General
imageLincoln MKS, BMW 5 Series Stumble In New Round of Crash Tests | Edmunds.com

The Lincoln MKS and the BMW 5 Series are the

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    edited October 2014
    The MKS isn't a surprise, but the 5 Series is. I use to think these tests were extreme, until I witnessed this exact type of collision on the 110 fwy headed north toward Los Angeles. Traffic came to a stand still from 50 mpg, and a woman driving a GS350 plowed right into an explorer at the same angle as the video. reports on the news later suspected the woman was looking down at her phone, but despite the severity of the collision, she survived. I was only about 10 car lengths behind the collision, and lucky I was in the FasTrak (HOV) lane.
  • Options
    mitt_zombie1mitt_zombie1 Member Posts: 32
    That Lincoln looks like an old Saturn too....
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    So much for "Volvo Safety" since I'm pretty sure the MKS, like the Ford 500 and latest Taurus, is built off a Volvo chassis from the old Ford premier fiasco.
  • Options
    tysalphatysalpha Member Posts: 51
    Except the Volvo S80 and S60 both earned Good ratings on this test. Same chassis engineering... but evidentally Ford eliminated some parts and/or welds compared to Volvo.