Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you considering a vehicle subscription service or did you previously consider one and decide against it? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 10/30 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Fuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited October 2014 in MINI
imageFuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Fuel Economy Update for September 2014 for the Edmunds long-term 2014 Mini Cooper.

Read the full story here

Comments

• darexdarex Posts: 187
    I got an average of 45 mpg on a 500 mile all-highway road trip I did, in Green Mode. I have a manual transmission version though. The car exceeds EPA estimates, when you drive it appropriately. It's a phenomenal engine.
  • throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    Not sure what "appropriately" means to you, but when I had my Mini I drove it like the sports coupe it was. Still got decent MPGs though.
  • The average lifetime mpg is almost 5 mpg less than the city rating!
    That is awful. Is there something wrong with this car?
  • darexdarex Posts: 187
    edited October 2014
    I pay no attention to City ratings. In a City like Philadelphia, where you have to stop every 10 ft practically, any car (except a hybrid) would be lucky to make half of its highway rating.

On the North American Motoring Forum, pretty much everyone is meeting or exceeding the EPA rating for the 3-cylinder.
  • vvkvvk Posts: 193
    Automatic is good for EPA ratings, not so good to real life.
  • Two letters explain that mileage, LA.
  • Two letters explain that mileage, LA.

And yet the other cars in Edmund's LA fleet do not seem so affected.
    Akshully I think the issue is the motor does not have enough miles on it yet. We'll see how this plays out after 5K miles.