Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageFuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

We drove the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 more than 2,000 miles in September, raising its lifetime MPG average and also recording our best single-tank MPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Hmmm...is anyone noticing that this car gets phenomenal fuel economy? I don't CARE what the EPA highway rating is - the Mazda3 has the Edmunds staff constantly raving about its Skyactiv fuel economy, but to date. this much heavier, faster and more powerful M-B is averaging exactly .4 mpg lower than the 3.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    So does driving the speed limit get you a written warning at Edmunds? Bigger joke is that I believe the limit on I-5 is still higher than the EPA cruising speed. So yes, this car is good on gas under those circumstances, and I'm not surprised. I owned a 2.5 turbo Volvo that was good on gas so long as you used the cruise at a sensible pace.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Well, I'm talking about its average fuel economy over 17,492 miles, so that's for all kinds of driving, not just cruising on the highway.