Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Honda Pilot EX-L 2015 model with RES ( Rear Entertainment System ) Out the Door Pricing

latergatorlatergator Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Honda
Hi there,

I am in the market looking to buy the Honda Pilot EX-L with RES 2015 model. Can anyone share the best price they paid (out the door) for this model? This will give me an idea of a pricing to look for when I go to the dealership.

Thanks
Later Gator

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited October 2014
    OTD is a good way to buy a car - less haggling over line items. OTD isn't so good for comparing notes with others since tax rates vary quite a bit.

Invoice on the EX-L with RES is $34,625. TMV comes in at $35,446 for my zip code. So that's your target price (dealers still make money selling cars below invoice).

Our invoice and TMV numbers include the destination of $830 btw. With the new model year just starting up, most dealers probably aren't discounting a whole lot, although if you visit the CR-V pricing discussions, people are already getting good deals on the 2015s over there. And it's a good sign that TMV is already below invoice, so start low.

Anyone driving a new Pilot? Please share your deal info. Thanks!
  • I bought a 2015 SE 4WD recently for 31,450. I had priced out the 2014 EXL-RES and the best price i got was around 33.000. I think the 2015 are going for more. I would have gone with the leather but i could not find the color because the 2015 were moving in.

I would take a good look at the SE model. The only difference between the SE model and the the EXL-RES is leather. I like the upholstery in the SE over leather anyway.

I'm in MA, sales tax was 6.25%. Doc fees were 350 or so.

Do your homework on the extended warranty pricing if you decide to get one. I drive cars into the groups so for me it is wort it. An 8 year, 120,000 warranty was quoted to me online for 1200. The dealer was charging 1900 for a 7 year/100,000. :smile:
  • ej304ej304 Posts: 1
    I just called a local dealership here on Long Island, NY for a price on 2015 Honda Pilot Touring Edition. I asked for their best price before I made the drive over and they gave me $690 a month for 72 months at 1.9%. This includes $2000 for my Honda Civic trade in and tax. I told them for me to come in they would have to make a better initial offer and there was silence on their end.
  • Thanks for the replies. I got an OTD price between 36,900 and 37,300 for the 2015 Pilot EXL with RES. I live in Florida. Is this a good price?

Hi mikmcl1972,
    I did look at the SE model but as you mentioned it is missing the Leather interior. Was the 33,000 you had it priced out for the 2014 EXL-RES, the OTD price ? If so will you be able to share with me the dealer details?

Thanks
    Later Gator
  • Hi,
    I settled for a Honda Pilot EXL (2WD) ( no RES ) and bought it from Palm Harbor Honda last week. Out the door price ( including Tax and Title, I had my old tag and number plate from my other car ) came to $33,600. If you are in the market for a Honda, I strongly recommend Jamie from Palm Harbor Honda, a wonderful guy.

Thanks everyone for their replies.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Congrats!

What was your price before TTL?