Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Computer like sound (chirping/beeping) noise coming from dash? Nissan Sentra,

meredith7meredith7 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Nissan
It is October 2014, I have a 2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8s (roughly 144,000 miles) that I've owned since 06. This evening I heard what at first I thought was a bird chirping under the hood, but later realized sounded more like a computer sound and not a live bird.
I work with computers so I know the difference. :-) Could have been more like angry birds if you know what I mean. lol. Just kidding.

It was not a constant sound, but was off and on till I reached my destination approximately 4 miles. I almost thought my car was sending some kind of Morse code by how the beeps/chirps sounded and the frequency.
I turned my car off at the destination and let it sit for a good 30 minutes and on my way home never heard the sound again. This is the first time I have ever heard this noise and from my research online there doesn't seem to be other mentions like it.

Is anyone familiar with such a noise and a possible explanation (future problem to come)?
Thank you,
Meredith

Comments

• Options
    shannabeth22shannabeth22 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2011 Nissan sentra... The exact same noise came from my car yesterday.  I can't figure it out! Did u ever find an answer???? I only have 45,000 miles. Car is in great shape.  Now this sudden weird noise happened. Strange.