Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you in the market for a new car and having a hard time finding affordable options? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 2/26 for more details.

OEM part no longer being made by Infinti

jazdrejazdre Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in INFINITI
I have a 1997 J30 with around 189k on the motor. The car is still in pretty good sharp and I've just spent about $800 buck getting most of the frontend removed and replace. Tie rods, bushing and the likes and the car was driving and felt a like new car again. A few days ago my daughter informed me that the car would not accelerate and after popping the hood to take a look around I discovered that the Thottle bodies air intake duck on both side had dry rooted and was coming apart. It was pretty much trashed. A year ago I did patch up a big crack on one of them, however, they're done now. The problem is Im being told that the part is no longer being made by Infiniti and finding a used one that's not going to fall apart in my hand is going to be next to impossible. Any suggustions