Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Vastly Improved Cargo Area - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in MINI
imageVastly Improved Cargo Area - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Mini Cooper combines the base engine with loads of options, a new kind of Mini math that makes sense because the entry-level engine

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    This is nice to see. I think more families would perhaps consider smaller hatchback cars like this, if those cars could just fit a stroller behind the rear seats. Cars like the Kia Soul and Chevy Sonic are out of consideration for me for this reason. But it looks like my big stroller might just fit in the new Mini. (For those who suggest I get a smaller stroller...well, I would have to get rid of one of the kids in order to do that.)
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    That "shelf" makes so much sense! Instead of doing it the GM full-size way with making the seats fold flat (Nissan does the same with the Quest); instead, make a removable, adjustable shelf. Excellent!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    My Quest was an older '99 so maybe Nissan improved the shelf in later generations, but the one I had just got in the way. I tossed it after a while. The one in the MINI does seem better thought out.

No strollers here (but I do have a Costco card). The Soul is on my short list - with the rear seats down you get 61 cubes of storage.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Winner of world's tallest midget competition!

Actually, it looks like the improvements are pretty well thought-out, but 8.7 cubic feet...damn. That's pretty small.