Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Unpretentious Luxury - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited October 2014 in Kia
imageUnpretentious Luxury - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

By virtue of its badge and newness the 2015 Kia K900 won't get first dibs over a new S-Class in the valet line. But it does give you an unpretentious luxury sedan experience for a fair price.

Read the full story here

Comments

• schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    I'm the perfect demographic for this type of car. My only qualm is, will it hold up 8-15 years from now? Because that's how long I keep my cars. I like how the car is styled conservatively so it will still look handsome (and not tacky) 10 years from now.
  • I did a double take over a K900 the other night at a local falafel shop. At first glance it was obscured behind other cars and I thought it was yet-another Tesla. Then I spotted the not-Tesla grill and went looking for the badge to figure out what it was. Teslas are a dime a dozen here in Silicon Valley. There were two in the tiny falafel shop parking lot that evening.
  • I like it. I would buy one.
  • emajoremajor Posts: 332
    Casual interest from passers-by is one thing. Genuine interest from folks actually looking to spend $67K on a car is another entirely.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    I get your point, but...it's not the car to one-up anybody? It was just introduced - maybe it should bring something new to the game, since it's not going to be getting a refresh for several years - ? Doesn't Korea, Inc. need to move beyond its game plan of offering something good enough to compete with the last-generation version of its competitors, for less money -? How is it going to become an aspirational brand?

And the idea that this is so much car for the money...well, let's see - it is big, comfortable, silent and luxurious, for less money. The established brands offer something big, comfortable, silent and luxurious, and also a lot faster, better-handling and -driving, more refined and with the panache of a known luxury brand, which in this class of car is kind of a big deal, for more money.

Neither one sounds like "more car for the money" to me.