Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Emissions Test: Car vs. Truck vs. Leaf Blower

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited November 2014 in General
imageEmissions Test: Car vs. Truck vs. Leaf Blower

Edmunds.com conducts an Emissions Test of the 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Crew Cab, 2012 Fiat 500 and Leaf Blowers.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I'm so glad I bought an electric leaf blower!
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited November 2014
    My manual rake works fine, doesn't raise much dust and doesn't disturb the neighbors. :p
  • another reason to hate those noisy @#$% leaf blowers. Also, way to go car makers!
  • luke_mjluke_mj Posts: 1
    edited November 2016
    Tremendous article and research, Edmunds, thank you. Our organization references it frequently when consulting our clients. With respect, let me add that as alarming as these numbers are, they don't include the key factor of CO2. This is not the fault of Edmunds. Despite CO2 being the major human contributor to global warming and climate change, the EPA simply hasn't yet fully addressed the issue of CO2 emissions from SOREs (small off-road gas engines). Since the EPA doesn't measure it, there's no CO2 regulation for the manufacturers, and therefore, all the research and evidence about how hazardous gas lawn and garden equipment is still doesn't include this critical pollutant. So, how much CO2 comes out of these machines? Well, our partner and science advisor Dr. Jamie Banks, PhD co-authored an authoritative study (https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-09/documents/banks.pdf) which indicates that a full 76% of the pollutants from SOREs are CO2! That means the jaw dropping Edmunds findings above are only a quarter of the full story. For more information about gas emissions in the lawn and garden industry, and advice about how to transition to cleaner, quieter, healthier, zero-emission battery electric tools, check out http://www.AGZA.net. Peace.