Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

VW Late to the party

fredg10fredg10 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Volkswagen
Looks like the egolf is finally about to arrive BUT the party has been on for several years and VW wants to charge 3 years ago prices! The Spark EV is TEN grand cheaper and 3 secons quicker to 60 mph. I waited for,the Golf. It now am getting a Spark very soon.I have driver it and it is quite nice to be in in spite,of it's econo box origins. The electric motor makes a world of,difference in power, smoothness and quietness.

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    fredg10 said:

Looks like the egolf is finally about to arrive BUT the party has been on for several years and VW wants to charge 3 years ago prices! The Spark EV is TEN grand cheaper and 3 secons quicker to 60 mph. I waited for,the Golf. It now am getting a Spark very soon.I have driver it and it is quite nice to be in in spite,of it's econo box origins. The electric motor makes a world of,difference in power, smoothness and quietness.

We're still pretty early in the move to mainstream for EV's. It is curious how the whole supply/demand model of pricing seems upside down when it comes to the demand of "early adopters". If you "gotta have it", you're gonna pay a lot it seems.