Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you received a recall notice for your car, but decided that you're not going to take it in to get it fixed? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you about it. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, September 26, 2018 telling us why you decided not to get the repair, and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

VW Late to the party

fredg10fredg10 Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Volkswagen
Looks like the egolf is finally about to arrive BUT the party has been on for several years and VW wants to charge 3 years ago prices! The Spark EV is TEN grand cheaper and 3 secons quicker to 60 mph. I waited for,the Golf. It now am getting a Spark very soon.I have driver it and it is quite nice to be in in spite,of it's econo box origins. The electric motor makes a world of,difference in power, smoothness and quietness.

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,292
    fredg10 said:

Looks like the egolf is finally about to arrive BUT the party has been on for several years and VW wants to charge 3 years ago prices! The Spark EV is TEN grand cheaper and 3 secons quicker to 60 mph. I waited for,the Golf. It now am getting a Spark very soon.I have driver it and it is quite nice to be in in spite,of it's econo box origins. The electric motor makes a world of,difference in power, smoothness and quietness.

We're still pretty early in the move to mainstream for EV's. It is curious how the whole supply/demand model of pricing seems upside down when it comes to the demand of "early adopters". If you "gotta have it", you're gonna pay a lot it seems.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Share your vehicle reviews

PF_Flyer's 2014 Versa Note Long Term Blog
    How To Start Your Own Long Term Blog