Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

VW Late to the party

fredg10fredg10 Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Volkswagen
Looks like the egolf is finally about to arrive BUT the party has been on for several years and VW wants to charge 3 years ago prices! The Spark EV is TEN grand cheaper and 3 secons quicker to 60 mph. I waited for,the Golf. It now am getting a Spark very soon.I have driver it and it is quite nice to be in in spite,of it's econo box origins. The electric motor makes a world of,difference in power, smoothness and quietness.

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    fredg10 said:

Looks like the egolf is finally about to arrive BUT the party has been on for several years and VW wants to charge 3 years ago prices! The Spark EV is TEN grand cheaper and 3 secons quicker to 60 mph. I waited for,the Golf. It now am getting a Spark very soon.I have driver it and it is quite nice to be in in spite,of it's econo box origins. The electric motor makes a world of,difference in power, smoothness and quietness.

We're still pretty early in the move to mainstream for EV's. It is curious how the whole supply/demand model of pricing seems upside down when it comes to the demand of "early adopters". If you "gotta have it", you're gonna pay a lot it seems.