-July 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Help me choose: CPO 2014 Acura RDX or New 2015 Forester XT.

rebizrebiz Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Acura
Hey all, I'm having a really difficult time choosing between two cars that I really love. I'm either contemplating a CPO 2014 Acura rdx AWD with Tech package, or a New 2015 Subaru Forester XT with every option. As some background, I am 20 and would plan to keep either car for about 10 years. Since the Acura would be used, I would aim to get one with around ~20k miles. That brings me to my first point, should I expect the car to last 10 years at about 12-14k a year average? I have a tough time convincing myself to buy a used car when I could get a new one for the same price, however I will be honest and admit I would love the Acura, partially because I am being a brand snob, and partially because I much prefer the looks of the interior and exterior.

It's also important to me that these cars will not look quite outdated 5-7 years from now and the Acura takes the cake for that IMHO based on looking at older models of both makes.

So this is my dilemma, I like them both but just am not sure what to do!! Like I stated, a big factor to me would be keeping the cars for 10 years, and that they would still look nice and presentable 5-7 years from now (as long as I take care of them which I would).

Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me? I understand the mechanical differences between the two and am not concerned with gas mileage. I have to say the appealing part of the FXT is that I live in the snow belt, and the car was a lot of fun to drive for me!! I am just not sure it will age as well as the Acura and I have a few concerns with long term reliability of the turbo boxer as opposed to the NA V6 on the RDX. My budget would be around 33-35.

Thanks a ton!!

Best Answer