Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Engine Failure 2010 Chevy Equinox LS 4 Cylinder

nienienienie Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Chevrolet
So is this the only place I get to say my peace....? Last June I purchased a 2010 certified pre owned 2010 chevy equinox ls 4 cylinder. Lets say I am dumb. I was told I had a 5 year or 100,000 mile warranty guess what??? Read your fine print people. Your warranty is transferable to the new owner with this warranty and goes back to when the original owners purchased the vehicle NOT from the year of your car. Example...you purchase a 2010 thinking you have until 2015 NOPE car purchased in 2009 you are SOL.
So to add insult to injury.... Suv just turned 61000. miles I was on my way to work going 55mph with my brand new tires I put on 2 days earlier, On a chilly 15 degree morning and all the sudden I lose acceleration and no power to the engine, however dash board and radio work. Pulled over, turned ignition to off thinking I must have done something and turned the key. Nothing. Suv doesn't start. No noise, no smell, no smoke nor flames. Two tow trucks later and two shops later I am told my timing, pistons, head ect. Complete loss. An extra 200 dollars they will just put a new engine in? Then now the research....Look at all the chevy equinox LS 4 cylinder engine issues? I love my ride, its comfortable for me but seriously? This many issues and there hasn't been a recall?? My budget is as limited as it can be and this bill is painful. Any suggestions? The dealership said that gm will split the bill with me but honestly, they should stand behind their product and take full responsibility. I have no idea if $1500 is a good deal or not for a rebuilt engine? Any thoughts? PS NO WARNING NO LIGHTS NO NOTTA NOTHING JUST THE DEATH OF IT......:(
Most likely, my first and last CHEVY.