Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

03 Escape multitude of issues

alaskagirl1alaskagirl1 Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Ford
I'm really hoping someone could steer me 8 the right direction on fixing the issue with my keys myself.  I bought my escape s 2 years ago exactly with 4 miles on it. I've brought it back over 5 times for warranty service on seatbelts, radio acting possessed,  handle broke off the rear lift, some kind of cover on the exhaust randomly fell off. Well about a year ago (car is now 1 year old)  both of the keys stopped being able to lock/unlock the doors. I figured it needed new batteries so I put it off until recently I went to a battery store and had them changed. The lady tested them and said batteries are perfect. So I went by ford and they want 120 just to diagnose it! I know that's not a lot of money but I can't swing it with Christmas being around the corner. Anyone else have this happen? It angers me more that had I brought it in a year ago I would have not payed a penny. Thanks