Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

1995 voyager ODB1 code 27

billsinclairbillsinclair Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Plymouth
I have a 1995 Plymouth Voyager 3.0 EFi DOHC
It has 240,000 miles on it. I did a top end rebuild maybe 50,000 miles ago including off the car flushing and back flushing of all injectors. It has been running fine till a couple of weeks ago.
The CEL was coming on intermittently coinciding with a misfire. The OBD code is 27, telling me there is something awry in the injector circuit. The blogs I found suggested it is most likely in the wiring. I pulled the upper plenum and removed the injector harness. I completely unwrapped it and checked for continuity and shorts in and between all leads and checked the ground splice. I found and taped some chafed and/or cracked insulation and thoroughly cleaned all 6 injector plugs and the harness plug. I also stripped back the wrap on the harness that leads back into the main harness to the module. I found a few bad spots in the insulation there and taped them as well. I put it all back together and I still have intermittent CEL on with the frequency and duration continually increasing. It does only come on once the engine is hot. I timed it today and the engine was up to operating temp in just over 2 mins then after 5 minutes ( at highway speed ) the CEL came on and the misfire started up again. What could be causing this that would only kick in once hot ( I figured a fouled injector would be foul, hot or cold ) I expect to drive this thing at least another couple hundred thousand miles but this has me stumped.
PS: I am a pretty capable car mechanic but I'm not a "pro" service tech so I don't have access to any of the high dollar diag tools and I can't afford to pay someone to work on it so I'm on my own here with the exception of whatever advice I can get here.
thank you
Bill