Are you currently in the market shopping for a new vehicle? A reporter would like to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 10/21 for more details.

2011 Malibu blower issues

jahpekinjahpekin Member Posts: 2
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
Some days the cabin heat blower works and most days it does not work at all. My question is, how do I find out if the problem is the blower resistor or the motor itself? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Answers

• ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I believe the typical blower motor resister assemblt failure woul start with fan speeds failing one at a time,1,2,3,etc fail,lower first. I might also wonder in your case about possible HVAC cluster troubles
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAMember Posts: 9,400
    jahpekin said:

Some days the cabin heat blower works and most days it does not work at all. My question is, how do I find out if the problem is the blower resistor or the motor itself? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

When it does work, does it work at all blower speeds? Every time I've had a blower resistor go, the symptom was that it only worked on the high setting. If you have all the speeds, it's got to be either the motor or a wiring issue, maybe a loose or cracked power connection? (Hoping for a simple one!)
  • jahpekinjahpekin Member Posts: 2
    When it does work it works on all speed settings. Could it be a faulty connection at the motor or the selector itself? Anyway, I will check the wiring and let you know. Thanks for the answers