Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Big Car, Big Trunk - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited December 2014 in Kia
imageBig Car, Big Trunk - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2015 Kia K900 and comments on the cargo-swallowing capability of its trunk.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Um, OK. a 4,600-lb. luxury sedan can fit four 16-inch tires in the trunk.

Car is getting 17 mpg., so yeah - I would hope there would be an upside to that, like a large trunk. Really, not remarkable. As in not remark-able.

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not getting the point of some of these posts. Maybe instead you could run the track test of your GTI that you told us over 3 weeks ago had already been run and was "coming soon."
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    Well it is a big trunk for a car, as opposed to going the hatchback route. Not quite as big as the trunk was in my 1966 Chrysler Newport... but that was back when the roads were wider ;)
  • bc1960bc1960 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 171
    I can't read the label past Ziex ZE950 A/S, but one of the more common 16" sizes is 205/60-16, the dimensions of which indicate a volume of 2 1/8 cubic feet each, so 4 make 8.5 cubic feet. It's good, because there are probably some sedans that couldn't do it because of various intrusions--fitting in the last with three already in can be a problem; but I've fit 3 215/50-17s (2.5 cubic feet each) in the trunk of a rented 2011 Aveo and there was probably room for one more. @PF_Flyer, the trunk of a '66 Newport is big enough for a family of 4 to dine in.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    bc1960 said:

@PF_Flyer, the trunk of a '66 Newport is big enough for a family of 4 to dine in.

Don't I know it. I used to have a guitar amp with a speaker cabinet that had 4-10" speakers and it would fit inside the car by laying on half of the back seat!