Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Big Car, Big Trunk - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Kia
imageBig Car, Big Trunk - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2015 Kia K900 and comments on the cargo-swallowing capability of its trunk.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Um, OK. a 4,600-lb. luxury sedan can fit four 16-inch tires in the trunk.

Car is getting 17 mpg., so yeah - I would hope there would be an upside to that, like a large trunk. Really, not remarkable. As in not remark-able.

Maybe I'm dense, but I'm not getting the point of some of these posts. Maybe instead you could run the track test of your GTI that you told us over 3 weeks ago had already been run and was "coming soon."
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Well it is a big trunk for a car, as opposed to going the hatchback route. Not quite as big as the trunk was in my 1966 Chrysler Newport... but that was back when the roads were wider ;)
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    I can't read the label past Ziex ZE950 A/S, but one of the more common 16" sizes is 205/60-16, the dimensions of which indicate a volume of 2 1/8 cubic feet each, so 4 make 8.5 cubic feet. It's good, because there are probably some sedans that couldn't do it because of various intrusions--fitting in the last with three already in can be a problem; but I've fit 3 215/50-17s (2.5 cubic feet each) in the trunk of a rented 2011 Aveo and there was probably room for one more. @PF_Flyer, the trunk of a '66 Newport is big enough for a family of 4 to dine in.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    bc1960 said:

@PF_Flyer, the trunk of a '66 Newport is big enough for a family of 4 to dine in.

Don't I know it. I used to have a guitar amp with a speaker cabinet that had 4-10" speakers and it would fit inside the car by laying on half of the back seat!