Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Transmission Gone! 2014 Jeep Cherokee

shawn91shawn91 Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Jeep
I bought a Jeep Cherokee 2014 about 6 months ago and drove less than 7K miles. A few days ago, dashboard showed check engine icon. I took it to the dealer service center, they said transmission has failed and need to replace a new transmission.
I can't believe that transmission is gone of my new car. I am shattered and scared now because I may get all sorts of problems because of new transmission or New transmission may fail again.
Any advice/comments?

Comments

• I have a 2015 jeep cherokee trailhawk. I purchased it brand new. At 1,700 miles I too needed a brand new transmission put in. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! I am sickened by this, and have not trust in my vehicle. I was driving on the fwy at 70mph, and the service transmission light came on and i lost power down to like 25mph!! on the fwy!! I had to be towed back to the dealership. I so angry about this!