Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Xmas Tree Duty - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Ram
imageXmas Tree Duty - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Our 11-foot-tall Christmas tree (plus stand) didn't exactly fit in the bed of our 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel.

Read the full story here

Comments

• tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    75° requires all four seat heaters to be cranked? Does 65° require arctic gear?
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    I've lived in SoCal for the vast majority of my life, and I have never been able to figure out the Edmunds editors' obsessive use of seat heaters. To answer your question, NO, of course it hasn't been cold enough here to need seat heaters -- even for an acclimated Angeleno like me.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited December 2014
    Bah, I just moved to Las Cruces - it was 70°F for the high today. I miss my Outback's heated seats so that's on my wishlist for my next car.

Of course I'm older and cold natured anyway.

And for my usual minivan rant, it's a bit more than 10.5 feet from the dashboard to the rear hatch in my Grand Caravan. That's a big honking tree but if I was alone and tilted the front seat, I probably could fit it in the van with a bit of squishing of the top foot of the tree. And closed the hatch.

And yeah, I'd be hard pressed to see out of it and I'd be finding needles on the carpet for months, lol.
  • rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    This seat heater obsession is crazy. It has been in the 30's and 40's for weeks here in the Northeast part of the country and we have yet to use the seat heaters in our SUV. My daily driver doesn't even have seat heaters. I get the feeling if the Edmund's Cali staff tried a winter in the Northeast they would want seat furnaces or something!