Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Smells Like Jeep Spirit - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Jeep
imageSmells Like Jeep Spirit - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Our 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited has a strong new-car smell, and not in a good way.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Woot woot! Another "real" Star Wars reference for Donna!
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    grijon said:

Woot woot! Another "real" Star Wars reference for Donna!

As long as the walls of the Jeep don't start mashing together... heh

Wonder where the smell is coming from? Outgassing? No other description like windshield fogging, just a smell that clings to your person! Yikes
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    edited December 2014
    Donna was too kind. The smell is a horrid plastic chemical reek. Outgassing for sure. I'd prefer the stench of a garbage masher in the dentention area. Or a Wookie. Or the inside of a Tauntaun.

Oddly, a friend of mine bought a new Trailhawk soon after we got our Limited. His doesn't smell much at all. I need to do a side-by-side sniff test someday and examine the trim and seat differences more carefully.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Oddly, a friend of mine bought a new Trailhawk soon after we got our Limited. His doesn't smell much at all. I need to do a side-by-side sniff test someday and examine the trim and seat differences more carefully.

Perhaps there is a difference of the amount of the odorous material used in the two different beasts!