Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

One Thing I Would Change - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited December 2014 in Kia
imageOne Thing I Would Change - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Why are there fake vents behind the front wheels of the Kia K900? Your guess is as good as ours.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Normally I'd agree with you, but on your light colored K900 the fender would look too large and blank. On a black car, your argument holds true. But this silver needs to be broken up with a contrasting element. That, and the character line would look silly without a bookend.
  • I extremely dislike non-functional vents at any price point. If you've already gone through the trouble of designing it in, at least make it work.
  • grijongrijon Posts: 147

I extremely dislike non-functional vents at any price point. If you've already gone through the trouble of designing it in, at least make it work.

+1 from me; I have nothing but contempt for fake anything.
  • yellowmiatayellowmiata TexasPosts: 23
    I agree than non-functional kitsch is tacky.
    It seems that some vehicles are taking this tackiness even further by piping in (or even worse, using the stereo to create) engine noise (BMW - eyes on you).
    On the flip side, I see utility in using sound canceling tech to create a silent, luxurious interior. Does the K900 have this farkle?
  • schen72schen72 Posts: 433
    Using anti-noise waves seems to be a very cheap way to make a car quieter. I know most of the modern Acuras and some Hondas use this.