Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

One Thing I Would Change - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Kia
imageOne Thing I Would Change - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Why are there fake vents behind the front wheels of the Kia K900? Your guess is as good as ours.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    Normally I'd agree with you, but on your light colored K900 the fender would look too large and blank. On a black car, your argument holds true. But this silver needs to be broken up with a contrasting element. That, and the character line would look silly without a bookend.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    I extremely dislike non-functional vents at any price point. If you've already gone through the trouble of designing it in, at least make it work.
  • Options
    grijongrijon Member Posts: 147

I extremely dislike non-functional vents at any price point. If you've already gone through the trouble of designing it in, at least make it work.

+1 from me; I have nothing but contempt for fake anything.
  • Options
    yellowmiatayellowmiata Member Posts: 23
    I agree than non-functional kitsch is tacky.
    It seems that some vehicles are taking this tackiness even further by piping in (or even worse, using the stereo to create) engine noise (BMW - eyes on you).
    On the flip side, I see utility in using sound canceling tech to create a silent, luxurious interior. Does the K900 have this farkle?
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    Using anti-noise waves seems to be a very cheap way to make a car quieter. I know most of the modern Acuras and some Hondas use this.