Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

First Drive: 2001 Lexus IS 300

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited December 2014 in Lexus
imageFirst Drive: 2001 Lexus IS300

When Lexus arrived on America's shores over a decade ago, the company promised to offer its customers world-class luxury at real world prices. Lexus initially challenged established luxury car brands like Mercedes, BMW, and Jaguar with its LS400 sedan (Lexus also offered a gussied up version of the Camry, called the ES250).

Read the full story here

Comments

• Hello, with regard to tall drivers, can the driver seat be adjusted to accommodate the driver's back and head? I test drove a IS 300 for about 30 minutes and after my middle to lower back was sore. I want to give this car another chance with regard to the seat and driving position. I also do not want to revert to a "cultural seat position" that I do not understand. I am a passionate motorist where "driving is my hobby and I am very keen on it". I have always been a Toyota loyalist, and I don't want to leave it to buy something else. I am 6 foot 4 inches with a linebacker physique, over 250 lbs. I want to like this car very much. I really like the 5 speed manual option with rear wheel drive, and the Mark IV Supra engine. Please tell me that the seat can be adjusted. Can the driver seat be replaced with a linebacker style / sized seat? I know that I don't fit into a Toyota Celica.
    Thank you.