Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Deployable Wing, Vents, Handles - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Jaguar

imageDeployable Wing, Vents, Handles - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

This update to Edmunds' long-term 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe takes a look at the car's many deployable appendages.

Read the full story here

Comments

• schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    These moving parts don't bode well for a car make historically known for poor reliability.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    schen72 said:

These moving parts don't bode well for a car make historically known for poor reliability.

Cool as long as they're under warranty :D
  • grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    Agreed on both counts above.

If I owned this car, every single time I saw one of these things moving I'd be thinking, 'That's one cycle closer to it failing..." I seriously doubt that I could stand it, much less enjoy it.

Of course, if I owned this car then I'd probably be in the financial situation to utterly not care that repairs are looming, so... I still think I wouldn't care for it. LOL
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    I'm guessing the majority of customers lease these type of cars, so reliability is probably not a concern. But I keep my cars until the wheels fall off, so I need my cars to last 10+ years.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Yea they will all break sooner rather than later. And they will fail in the worst way; spoiler stuck in the up position, door handles won't extend and those HVAC vents will be blowing artic air inside the dashboard.