Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

8 Things You Need To Know About Back-Up Cameras | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited January 2015 in General
image8 Things You Need To Know About Back-Up Cameras | Edmunds.com

Back-up cameras will be mandatory in 2018, but nearly half of new vehicles already have them. New camera uses are on the way, too.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• emmmwemmmw Posts: 1
    I just added an OEM compatible backup camera in my daughter's new PriusC for $115 and installation was easy. Took less than an hour and works perfectly. The PriusC does not have this as an option for some reason but my daughter learned to drive in my wife's Ford Fusion Hybrid and we all love the backup camera.
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    @emmmw, OEM compatible meaning it hooks up to the existing screen in the dash?
  • vricovrico Posts: 3
    My 2014 pathfinder rearview camera is really out of focus and they are telling me that is the way it is. Anyone else have this problem. Just purchased this vehicle last week
  • meteor10meteor10 Posts: 59
    camera is dirty too many times here in Russia... need some new technology for our market))
  • I have an issue,more of a curious question. I have a 2015 Hyundai Equus and my backup camera works very well 99.99% of the time. WHEN I park in a particular parking space and only this space at the post office and I put the car in reverse my backup camera will suddenly revert back to the GPS map. THIS IS the only space it does it in. Any other timer place the system does what it's suppose to do. ODD ? very....can these cameras be affected by outside microwaves or something.
  • BluWolf17BluWolf17 OhioPosts: 1
    What are the dimensions of the cameras. I'm doing a paper and I just need the dimensions!
  • alhebalheb TexasPosts: 1
    You can save the significant expense of a backup camera system by simply turning your damned head around and looking at where you are backing up.
  • thebeanthebean Parts UnknownPosts: 1,005
    Not everyone is young and has great flexibility in their neck. It has been great for me and I’m glad they are mandatory on new cars now.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2017 Honda Civic EX-T
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,882
    I still like to get "eyes on" things behind me, but I do like the dynamic trajectory on the backup camera on our new Rogue

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review

Meet your fellow owners and discuss your vehicles in our Owners Clubs