Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Checking Tire Pressure - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Audi
imageChecking Tire Pressure - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

We're sticklers for proper tire pressure, but the doorpost values are sometimes for maximum load. We found this to be true in our 2015 Audi A3 2 long-term car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    edited January 2015
    and these are, of course, "recommended". certainly the manufacturer has done a lot more testing than the average owner/reviewer but like you said running a different pressure isn't going to hurt anything.

might affect ride quality, tire wear, a little more/less adhesion at the limit or in differing weather conditions...

i think the most important thing is just to not be outside actual tolerances (high or low) for safety.

i remember way back another car review magazine messing with tire pressures and getting a hundredth or two more g and a mph or two in the slalom by increasing tire pressure by a pound or two.

how about when you take the mustang out for testing you mess with tire pressures a bit and see what happens?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Think that's door jamb, not jam.
  • Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    That matrix is a tire mfr's dream. If you bring in worn tires looking for a warranty claim, they can always say you kept them at the wrong pressure.
  • Options
    audiusaaudiusa Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 A3 and every time I bring it in for maintenance I come home with 41 psi in my cars. I go back to the chart in the owners manual and adjust the tires according to my loads. This is something I always question. I have a child and I am always concerned about driving with the correct tire pressure.