Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Under-Seat Storage Bust - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
imageUnder-Seat Storage Bust - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

I'm disappointed by the storage bin under the rear seat of our long-term 2015 Chevrolet Colorado.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ahightowerahightower TXPosts: 539
    That's unimpressive. Looks like it could have been much wider as well. I guess it's good for hiding your jumper cables, but agree it'd be nice to fit more stuff.
  • bc1960bc1960 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 171
    I guess this is more "finished" looking, but the walls of the bin are huge, and maybe just leaving it as empty space where you can slide what will fit, as in olden times, would be more useful. Maybe with a restraining net attached to the seat bottoms that would fasten into some clever retainers in the floor. Where's the jack stashed, if there is one?--that's another thing you find here on some trucks.
  • carthellcarthell Posts: 130
    I'm guessing that the size of the bin is the result of an engineering limit. Seats are built to accommodate up to a certain weight, and there has to be enough plastic there to resist deformation for years. Having a steel frame under the seats, or increasing the strength of the seat's rear frame and the rear cab wall would help increase the cargo bin's size, I'd think. But that might introduce other issues (increased weight, lesser fuel economy, reduced payload & towing capacity) that would have to be lived with or worked around.