Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

When pushing interior dome light, dash goes off. Light doesn't work. -Yukon

mikesmiragemikesmirage Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in GMC
2011 Danali Xl Had a burnt out bulb replaced it now the dome lights work when doors open, or when dash switch is used However when manually pushing any of the dome light push buttons they don't work As I push one on the cluster cuts out but then comes back when push light again Also now only my heated steering light and phone buttons light up on steering wheel Very Bizarre any help would be appreciated Thanks a bunch folks

Answers

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,742
    Treat the steering wheel illumination as it's own individual issue. All of the LED's in the wheel switches share the same power and ground circuits. As far as the map lights go, same routine. Forget what has been done and test and diagnose the issue as it stands right now. I could coach you through the checks if I knew exactly what options are in place in the car, it's not worth trying otherwise since there are way too many variables in the circuits. A 12v test light would be the tool of choice to start and then possibly back that up with a voltmeter depending on what is found. Basically you need to confirm power to the lamps and then the ground control circuit. If you get a schematic like with an Alldatadiy subscription and I know the exact trim level this won't be hard to figure out.
  • climb_walkclimb_walk Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Camry the dome light doesn't work but lamps by the rear view mirror and sunglasses holder work. I just replaced the bulb and still no luck.
    i took out the dome fuse and it's fine and confirmed that it's the fuse to the lights by the rear view mirror. My next thought is to yank the housing for the dome light and see if there is a loose connection. How do I accomplish this without breaking it?
    Or does someone have another suggestion?