Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

CornerStep Bumper and EZ Tailgate - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Chevrolet
imageCornerStep Bumper and EZ Tailgate - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds likes the CornerStep Bumper and the EZ Lift and Lower Tailgate features on its long-term 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab pickup.

Read the full story here

Comments

• faztang1faztang1 Member Posts: 13
    Where's the bed extender?
  • grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    edited January 2015
    Is there any EZ LIFTING involved with the EZ Lift and Lower tailgate? Or is it just a misleadingly-named feature? Real question, not snark.
  • milt721milt721 Member Posts: 83
    grijon - it is also EZ Lift. Not heavy at all.
  • hoseclamphoseclamp Member Posts: 13
    that bumper step was on the avalanche when it came to market. funny how everyone forgets?
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    hoseclamp said:

that bumper step was on the avalanche when it came to market. funny how everyone forgets?

And of course, we all know that the EZ Lift tailgate design originated with the 2007 Toyota Tundra.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    The spring-loaded tailgate feature does decrease the amount of effort it takes to close the gate.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Those bumper side steps should be standard on every pickup.
  • grijongrijon Member Posts: 147
    edited January 2015
    milt721 said:

grijon - it is also EZ Lift. Not heavy at all.

Ah, thank you, @milt721
    reminder said:

The spring-loaded tailgate feature does decrease the amount of effort it takes to close the gate.

And thanks, @reminder
  • robertslatez71robertslatez71 Member Posts: 20
    I'm not sure I agree with this little "notch out" on each side of the rear bumper.. For one, it's not deep or wide enough for larger feet.. I would have rather seen a tow hook positioned as use for a step up. As for the tailgate.. I've yet to open it.. so I can't pass judgement.