Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MINI Cooper S hardtop problems

bmiller89bmiller89 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in MINI
I purchased a 2015 cooper s hardtop in a manual on Oct 30th of 2014 and about 3 weeks later it started popping out of first gear. I took it into the dealer and they said it needed a new transmission even though it only had 500 miles on it! i complained with the dealership and cooperate and they ended up giving me a new car which i picked up on dec 1st of 2014. Now the new car started doing the same thing!! the second car only has 800 miles on it and it needs a new transmission because it keeps popping out of first gear. The car is totally unsafe i almost got into an accident trying to make a left hand turn. I wish i never bought this car and the cooperate offices only give you the run around. This is warning to all STAY AWAY from this car go spend your hard earned money on something that will stay in gear!!

Comments

• ljmattox1ljmattox1 Member Posts: 10
    Early production F56 (Cooper S) models have reported issues with 1st gear...MINI is replacing these as found. Do you still own this vehicle? Have you had it repaired, or replaced, again?