Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014-'15 Jeep Cherokee Recalled for Inadvertent Airbag Deployments | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited February 2015 in Jeep
image2014-'15 Jeep Cherokee Recalled for Inadvertent Airbag Deployments | Edmunds.com

FCA US is recalling an estimated 228,181 2014-'15 Jeep Cherokee SUVs worldwide after a small number of inadvertent airbag deployments involving drivers who executed extreme maneuvers.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My question is who made these airbags?
  • steverstever Posts: 52,462
    Sounds more like a software issue than an airbag issue, unlike the Takata recalls. The recent TRW related airbag recalls were due to a faulty circuit.
  • Software issue. Mine has been updated. Now I can attack the Rubicon Trail. Oh wait, I am driving a Limited. I think the attack angles for my vehicle mostly involve driving over curbs into shopping centers.
  • alanaueralanauer Posts: 1
    Received a recall notice (US Grand Cherokee imported to Canada). Dealer says I have to wait for a follow-up notice that will announce that the required whatevers are now in the dealers' hands. Wonder when that will happen.