Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Got burned on this Altima

gotalemon5gotalemon5 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in Nissan
This is my 5th Altima. I took delivery of this 2015 Altima this past December, 2014. It has an MPG rating of 27 city and 38 highway. The day I took delivery I noticed an odd burning odor unlike anything I ever noticed of a new car. The car has an 18 gallon fuel capacity and my 1st full tank netted me about 24.5 MPG which was 98% highway miles. I also have an increasing smell of Sulfur (rotten eggs) which is indicative of a faulty catalytic converter and while this may be a moot point I have California emissions on a Pennsylvania car. The dealer said the car is meeting all factory set parameters and I was told I would have to accrue between 1000 and 2000 miles before I would realize the EPA/DOT MPG estimates! I am now at 1700 miles and the MPG is decreasing and the Sulfur smell is worsening. The Dealer will not return my calls or emails and Nissan USA, N.A. has also told me they can be of no assistance. Funny, I get to pay for a LEMON and loyalty means nothing! I stated earlier this is my 5th Altima. Wonder how many other Altima owners are having this issue and being ignored. In total I have owned/leased EIGHT Nissan products and this 2015 Altima is the first one to be a really ripe LEMON. BEWARE before you buy or lease this 2015 Altima or any other Nissan product.