Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Love or Hate the Sequential Turn Signal? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited February 2015 in Ford
imageLove or Hate the Sequential Turn Signal? - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Sometimes I think the sequential turn signals on our long-term 2015 Ford Mustang GT are cool and then sometimes I don't.

Read the full story here

Comments

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 14,223
    It's a heritage feature and it seems like it works better than the old days. There is a distinct delay between when the sequence repeats.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • grijongrijon Posts: 147
    I like it.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Cool. It's stylish and completely functional, and there is an undeniable heritage.
  • nate001nate001 Posts: 102
    It looks like one of those road construction lane closed warning signs & and its a cheap "look at me I'm a mustang" gimmick
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 3,109
    Except for the previous generation, I don't recall Mustangs having sequential turn signals, only Cougars and Thunderbirds. I really like them and always have.

2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2013 Honda Accord EX, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• whobodymwhobodym Posts: 190
    sda is right
  • I love 'em, and once spent way too much time in the trunk of a 1965 T-Bird getting them to work. As you might expect, that version was much more rudimentary than the current version. :-)
  • legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    Gimmick but not the first gimmick I'd get rid off. The horse laser puddle light would be the first to go.
  • boffboff Posts: 91
    How the heck can anyone hate the sequential turn signals? It's like hating puppies. Or maybe a specific problem for Camaro drivers. ;) Any Edmunds staffers that want to punk the EIC can buy and install an available kit that also makes the hazards and brake lights sequential. hahahahaha
  • prndlolprndlol Posts: 140
    I'd speed them up by about 20% so it was a little more seamless but yes I like the sequentials.
  • dderosadderosa CaliforniaPosts: 21
    @sda and @whobodym
    Shelby Mustangs of the late 1960s used Thunderbird taillights. -- Donna
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 20,225
    As a kid I thought the '65 T-Birds looked so cool with those turn signals.

They were really primitive at the time and mechanical.

My buddy's dad had a new '65 T Bird and if you were sitting in the back seat with the radio off you could hear the unit operate.