Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2010-'14 Ford Taurus Recalled for Fire Risk | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited February 2015 in Ford
image2010-'14 Ford Taurus Recalled for Fire Risk | Edmunds.com

Ford is recalling 196,639 2010-'14 Ford Taurus sedans because a potential corrosion issue in the license-plate lamp could lead to a fire risk.

Read the full story here

Comments

• In February 2016 I had noticed that the license plate lights were not working on my 2011 Ford Taurus and took it into the dealership for service. I was notified by the dealership that the wiring harness was corroded and that the original recall was done in 2013 so the part would not be covered. It is a shame that the recall part only lasted 2 1/2 years before needing to be replaced again because of corrosion. I have contacted Ford on this matter and they refuse to do anything on it. I have also send info on to NHTSB regarding the wiring harness from the recall is still corroding. Watch out if you buy this model!!