Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/5 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2000 Grand Am - Drivers side Latch system

oreomuttoreomutt Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in Pontiac
I'm looking for a drivers door latch with the Auto Pass Theft component and actuator. They don't make these parts anymore and I'm unable to locate any at local Pick & Pulls. It's a 2000 Grand Am, but it MUST include the Auto Pass Theft component - which apparently is rare.

HELP!

Answers

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America I70 & I75 Posts: 24,289
    edited February 2015
    oreomutt said:

I'm looking for a drivers door latch with the Auto Pass Theft component and actuator. They don't make these parts anymore and I'm unable to locate any at local Pick & Pulls. It's a 2000 Grand Am, but it MUST include the Auto Pass Theft component - which apparently is rare.

HELP!

Your post confuses me. GM has three theft deterrent systems. Are you confusing the words
    "Pass Key" and calling it Auto Pass? I believe the door latch has a connection for the sensing
    that door has been opened that may go to the security part of the Pass Key system to
    sound the horn and flash lights for 1 minute. I haven't had time to look up how my
    leSabre 2003's door latch is wired in. I'll get around to that later.

http://my.cardone.com/techdocs/pt 77-0011.pdf

I tried looking up your car on a dealer's
    public parts system but it doesn't work for your car.
    I'd try some others that push GM parts to look for a latch.
    I suspect your latch is just a normal latch because car-part.com
    doesn't list a different door handle, which I assume includes the
    latch mechanism.

Try gmpartseast.com
    gmpartsdirect.com

to see if you can find a separate listing for a different
    door handle.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2008 Cobalt 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,