Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Unable to decide between CR-V or RDX

jbl140jbl140 Posts: 18
edited March 2015 in Honda
Hello,

I have been researching compact SUVs for the past few weeks and have test driven a couple including CR-V, RDX, CX-5, Murano and Rogue. My wife and I both liked the interior room and seat configuration on CR-V. I felt that CX-5 was a bit laggy and CR-V more refined during acceleration. Wife loved the power in RDX and luxury interiors while both thought Nissan Rogue/Murano didn't fit our needs. We narrowed it down to either CR-V or RDX with a few requirements - Leather, AWD, Bluetooth - but as I've continued the research, I am unable to decide as some minor yet important features are lacking in both these SUVs.

For starters, I had to step up to EX-L with AWD and Navigation to fit our basic criteria, which is $30K+ already. Here are other considerations -

We have a kid and do a lot of grocery shopping, so power tailgate would be nice.
Plan to drive around with 4 adults + car seat, so rear seat comfort is important --> Rear air vents + comfortable seats
Backup camera and rear sensors during backup -> son growing up so impt.
Two regular drivers so power driver’s seat with memory is required

On the RDX, I can't get rear air vents but on the CR-V, I could get all of these features if I go with Touring package, which is ~$32K. But I've also read that CR-V rear seating isn't the most comfortable and about vibration issues so I don't know what to do now! Wait for 2016 RDX that supposedly have these features, or consider other SUVs (Lexus NX?) as well.

I would really like to buy/lease one this month but can hold off for a new model. Please help!

Sam

Comments

• jbl140jbl140 Posts: 18
    Leaning towards leasing a 2015 RDX and will probably try to swap to 2016 in a year or so.