It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Procedure for engaging transfer case neutral
Here is what works:
1. Start the engine.
2. Apply the brakes; it would probably be wise to apply the parking brake, too.
3. Rotate the transfer case knob all the way to the right (clockwise) and hold it.
4. Shift the transmission into neutral.
5. Release the transfer case knob when the red “N” appears on the transfer case knob.
6. The transfer case is now in neutral.
Thanks to a helpful service adviser at Witham Chevrolet in Avon Park, Florida, I now have neutral, and can stop worrying about expensive part replacements!