Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Adding a Line-X Spray-On Bedliner - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Chevrolet
imageAdding a Line-X Spray-On Bedliner - 2015 Chevrolet Colorado Long-Term Road Test

We bought our 2015 Chevrolet Colorado out of dealer stock with a bed mat we're not crazy about, so we turned to Line-X for a spray-on bedliner.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    diondidiondi Member Posts: 71
    This would've been my #1 thing to do on a truck as soon as I got it if it didn't have a factory one.
  • Options
    ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    diondi said:

This would've been my #1 thing to do on a truck as soon as I got it if it didn't have a factory one.

Agreed. These Line-X sprays are so, so cool. Makes me want to get a truck so I can get one.
  • Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    "The only thing left is to figure out what to do with one surplus rubber Colorado bed mat."

Craigslist.
  • Options
    misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Anyone familiar with TechLiner from Weather Tech? (http://www.weathertech.com/techliner-bed-tailgate-protection/) I'm curious about this product because it is custom-molded to each specific make & model. The other products from Weather Tech are quite good.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451

Anyone familiar with TechLiner from Weather Tech?

Its similar to the factory bed mat, except it wraps up the sides a little. I have not tried one, but it seems to me it would harbor many of the same potential disadvantages - want trapped underneath, bed sides unprotected, grabby surface. In any case I just checked and they don't yet make one for the 2015 Colorado - or the 2015 F-150, for that matter.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    dan_acostadan_acosta Member Posts: 24
    For a comparable price it seems the factory liner would be an easier choice, and is what I would have chosen if they were available when I bought my 14 Sierra. I have a Bed Rug, which has proven great even when hauling loads of gravel as it still cleans up and looks like new. If you haul a lot of stuff you don't want scratched up (most of the time I have bikes in the bed), the Bed Rug is a great choice. Otherwise, the factory liner, Line-X, etc. seems like the best choice.
  • Options
    robertslatez71robertslatez71 Member Posts: 20
    Agreed.. this will be one of the first things we have done to the 2015 Colorado.. However we aren't going to allow Line-X to touch the truck.. we've found a better deal with Rhino Linings.. I'll follow up in a few weeks after the procedure.