Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Transmission issue on 2011 Legacy GT (manual).

jimmee64jimmee64 Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in Subaru
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question but here goes.

Should I expect a diagnosis or educated guess from a Subaru dealer for transmission issues before i have to pay $1,400 for them to crack open my transmission?

I brought it to one dealer already and for the $120 fee my professional diagnosis was "something is wrong with my transmission" (which is why I brought it in). I'm hesitant to bring it to another without some idea they know what may be happening and what to look for. From the symptoms it seems they should at least have an idea what to look for:

The symptoms are it makes a clunking noise (like driving over small ruts in the pavement) only when warm and only when driving slow with the wheel turned sharply left or right. It does this in 1st, neutral, or reverse when warm. When cold it does not do this at all. It shifts smooth and the transmission seems fine all other times.

Best Answer