Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Transmission Question

fordsporttracfordsporttrac Posts: 300
edited March 2015 in Hyundai
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport (Not the Turbo), Is any part of the transmission variable? I have noticed the tach seems to indicate my trans is slipping. If I move the shifter to manual at 50-60 MPH and select 4th or 5th gear and then try to do a moderate acceleration the RPM climbs suddenly by 500 to 1K and then drops back after ~ 1-2 seconds to about the RPMs it started at and then climbs at what I would consider normal acceleration. It seems to me when I stress the trans it starts slipping and then grabs. But I am not sure if some variable component in the transmission could account for the sudden rise and drop in the tach and then the normal climb.

I am not hard on the vehicle as a driver but I do drive a lot of miles. Its just hitting its 2 year mark and I have 60K total. I complained to the dealer but of course everything is normal until it breaks and I will be hitting 100K faster than others.