Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rear-Facing Convertible Car Seat Fits Well - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited March 2015 in Ram
imageRear-Facing Convertible Car Seat Fits Well - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Even a very large rear-facing convertible car seat fits well in our long-term 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel, which offers three sets of LATCH anchor points in the backseat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mecksermeckser Member Posts: 18
    You guys need to stop saying a car seat fits well if it can only be installed in the center position. What happens when you try to stick a 2nd car seat in? One of the front seats is going to be unusuable.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    meckser said:

You guys need to stop saying a car seat fits well if it can only be installed in the center position. What happens when you try to stick a 2nd car seat in? One of the front seats is going to be unusuable.

Not necessarily, depending on which car seat you choose. And if the second or third car seat is front-facing, you'll have no such problems. And when I said there as plenty of room, I was referring more to the width of this backseat, which would easily allow a larger family to install three car seats across. Still, point taken. Next time, I'll make sure to do an install in the both the center and the passenger-side outboard positions.
  • KickToTheJunkKickToTheJunk Member Posts: 1
    Nothing about using a car seat, booster seat or other in a standard cab truck exists on the internet. Guess I have some videos to make.