Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Approaching $10,000 in repairs in 6 yrs for 2009 Traverse

timmc1timmc1 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Chevrolet
My 2009 C.Traverse water pump went again last week. $200 tow and now my mechanic reports water pump and catalytic converter need replacement. $1700 estimation repair. This is the second time for the water pump, as well as $5000 transmission (2013) (not under warranty), steering pump,(2014) brakes (2012)and tire issue (2010) over 5.5 years. These are the facts. GM did reimburse me partially for the water pump 2.5 yrs ago.

I have a number of questions:

Has anyone had water pump fail twice? I am rather hesitant to add more $ into this car.

Catalytic converter– I have read issues with 09 traverse Converter. Before I sink more money into what are the underlying issues with 09 Converter ?

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    How many miles on this vehicle? Transmission in 4 years not covered under the 5 year/100,000 miles? You mention brakes and tires, but those are "wear items" so replacements there might not be unusual given mileage.
  • timmc1timmc1 Member Posts: 2
    It has 129000. It had just over 100'000 when the transmission went. The dealer was clear that it needed a new transmission
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Member Posts: 867
    I have a '08 Saturn Outlook. I got a letter that they were extending the transmission warranty to 10 years, 120,000 miles for the Wave Plate IIRC. So, you might check on that for reimbursment.