Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Fuel Economy Update for March - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Jeep
imageFuel Economy Update for March - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

After a couple heavy travel months, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited amassed only 826 miles in March and hit the EPA's combined mpg rating on nearly every tank.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    not a fan of the cherokee but i will admit that is pretty good mileage for a v6. also, it looks like it can actually hit (and beat) its highway fuel mileage rating.
  • Options
    zoomzoomnzoomzoomn Member Posts: 143
    edited April 2015
    Not bad, but I have a 2014 Durango that is averaging just a tick over 20 MPG so far in just over 10000 miles of mixed driving with a worst tank of just under 16 and best of just over 23. The Durango, which is based on an extended Grand Cherokee platform, is quite a bit bigger than the Cherokee posted here. It has the same V6 drivetrain, too.

I have read that this little SUV is a bit on the heavy side for it's size? It's based on the Dart platform. I know someone that has this SUV with the 4 cylinder and he's only getting about the same mileage as your test V6. It's one of his only pet peeves with the car, especially in leiu of the more anemic performance of the 4 banger!