Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Slow Reacting User Interface - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Acura
imageSlow Reacting User Interface - 2015 Acura TLX SH-AWD Long-Term Road Test

The split screen driver interface in on our 2015 Acura TLX has some good qualities about it, but speed isn't one of them.

Read the full story here

Comments

• redskinsdmvredskinsdmv Member Posts: 52
    Is the touch interface worse than Cadillac's CUE?
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    This is what happens when Honda listens to all the complaints from journalists about to many buttons. They got rid of most of the buttons by adding another screen. Really hate this new setup. They should have kept the old layout with the buttons because when you own the car and drive it everyday you become familiar with the layout. Or they should have done like Tesla and put in one giant iPad like screen instead of two.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315

This is what happens when Honda listens to all the complaints from journalists about to many buttons. They got rid of most of the buttons by adding another screen. Really hate this new setup. They should have kept the old layout with the buttons because when you own the car and drive it everyday you become familiar with the layout. Or they should have done like Tesla and put in one giant iPad like screen instead of two.

Amen!
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    banhugh said:

Amen!
    I have 2 Acuras of the "button era" (2006 RL & 2008 RDX) and the buttons don't bother me at all. In fact, I love having lots of buttons. It's easy to adjust any setting instantly. All the climate control and audio controls are actual buttons. Only the stuff you rarely adjust are hidden away in the menu, like nav volume, screen contrast, audio balance, etc.
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    I agree with all the commenters about the older Acuras. Personally, I never saw anything wrong with the center stack layout on previous models. My friend's mom has a 2004 TL and I still think the dash design looks good and not at all cluttered. Relegating all of those controls to a touch screen may look good, but it will quickly become frustrating to people who actually own and drive the car. The idea of using one touch screen to control another non-touch screen just sounds convoluted and overly complicated to me. Plus, if something goes wrong with the software or the screen stops working for some reason, the majority of the car's features are inaccessible.
  • rwatsonrwatson Member Posts: 144
    Aren't we tired of all the Dollar Store toys in cars yet? Haven't we had enough and just want traditional controls back yet? Just wait, frustration will climax eventually and you all will want the "car" stuff again.
  • eblock2eblock2 Member Posts: 4
    This is so disappointing, you can find touchscreen controls in 1987 Buicks that had instant response times, but in 2015, they're struggling.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,685
    The ONLY way to add a touch screen to a car is to add a GREAT one. No excuse today with slow response time. It's either lazy programming or cheap components.