Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

5 Things to Know About the Lexus RC Video | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in Lexus
image5 Things to Know About the Lexus RC Video | Edmunds.com

Here are 5 Things to Know about the Lexus RC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    Actually I feel you got it wrong. The RC350 is so off the mark, performance-wise, from its competitors (see Car and Driver comparison this month where the RC350 F-Sport didn't even come close and was clobbered by the S5 and lost to the ATS coupe). The RC-F, despite being heavy, comes a bit closer to its intended competition, though still off the mark.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I don't disagree about the RC-F versus it competition. However, I would still buy the RC-F over a similarly speced M4 for 2 reasons. That V8 sounds fantastic and revs beautifully. Naturally aspirated high output engines are going the way of Dodos unfortunately. Turbos are obviously the future of high performance cars. Second is the build quality and styling. I love that the RC-F looks like nothing else on the road, and the interior is very well done.
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    I own an E90 M3 (6 speed manual, thank you very much) so I am NOT a Lexus fanboy but having spent a bit of time behind the wheel of the M4 and RCF on the road and on the track, I have to respectfully disagree with some of what Edmunds is saying here.

Yes, the weight of the RCF is noticeable.. on track. But the overwhelming majority of buyers are going to use these cars on the road, not the track. Moreover, these cars are FAR, FAR, FAR better than most of us are as drivers. Don't kid yourselves, and don't get caught up in the magazine numbers.

I wouldn't buy an RCF because I want a proper, three pedal manual but for me, and my driving ability, the RCF would be far easier to live with every day, and the handling is easier for me to handle. I find the M4 very, very tail happy on track. The RCF I far easier to modulate.

And frankly, it sounds about a bazillion times better.
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    To me, the RC looks too similar to the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S. And the latter is more fun to drive...

@throwback - just get any AMG with the M156 engine. That is the epitome of NA V8s imo and the fact that you could get that in a RWD mid-sized wagon w/ 3rd row seats is just too cool for school.