Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Break-In Period Requires Many Miles of Restraint - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,110
edited April 2015 in BMW
imageBreak-In Period Requires Many Miles of Restraint - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 BMW M235i is the newest car in the fleet, but it's got a lengthy breaking-in period before we can really give it the beans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cjasiscjasis Posts: 274
    Interesting, I don't recall you guys following the recommended break in procedures on any of your other fleet vehicles (Porsche Macan S, Porsche 991 Cabrio, BMW E90 M3, etc.) or am I mistaken?
  • s197gts197gt Posts: 486
    i have seen it numerous times. they often mention that once a vehicle is out of its break in period they can do their instrument/track tests.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    The instructions seem unusually specific and restrictive. I guess that's German engineering for you. Still, if avoiding a "full load or kickdown under all circumstances" constitutes "keeping a light foot", I'd be interested to see what you'd consider "average" - or "lead-footed" - driving. Avoiding full throttle is "normal" for me.