Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Break-In Period Requires Many Miles of Restraint - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited April 2015 in BMW
imageBreak-In Period Requires Many Miles of Restraint - 2014 BMW i3 Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2015 BMW M235i is the newest car in the fleet, but it's got a lengthy breaking-in period before we can really give it the beans.

Read the full story here

Comments

• cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Interesting, I don't recall you guys following the recommended break in procedures on any of your other fleet vehicles (Porsche Macan S, Porsche 991 Cabrio, BMW E90 M3, etc.) or am I mistaken?
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i have seen it numerous times. they often mention that once a vehicle is out of its break in period they can do their instrument/track tests.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    The instructions seem unusually specific and restrictive. I guess that's German engineering for you. Still, if avoiding a "full load or kickdown under all circumstances" constitutes "keeping a light foot", I'd be interested to see what you'd consider "average" - or "lead-footed" - driving. Avoiding full throttle is "normal" for me.