Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Better Long-Haul Comfort Than Our Luxury Kia - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited April 2015 in Audi
imageBetter Long-Haul Comfort Than Our Luxury Kia - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a long-term test of the 2015 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro S Tronic and finds that it is a better road trip car than Kia?s full-size, range-topping luxury sedan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• throwbackthrowback Posts: 445
    german cars have always been good long distance cruisers. This was/is what Mercedes was always known for.
  • no surprise there.
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Posts: 365
    Not surprising from a German car. Even the terrible MB CLA settles down and turns into a comfortable and relaxed cruiser at highway speeds. The Germans, and MB in particular, understand how to setup a suspension for high-speed cruising better than anyone else.
  • locke42locke42 Posts: 25
    I just got the TDI variant of this car a few weeks ago. I CANNOT WAIT to take it on a road trip.

I really wish Audi had made an A7-style liftback variant of the A3. Not a hatchback that everyone seems to want, because I happen to think that Audi's overall design language looks much better with coupe/sedan body shapes rather than the hatchback body shape. A liftback would solve the A3's biggest problem (cargo space) without sacrificing its smooth lines.
  • chol92594chol92594 Posts: 208
    I've always thought highly of Audi's ability to build great long-distance cruisers, but the fact that the A3 seems to be a better cruiser than the K900 is pretty damning, considering that Kia is trying to market it in a segment and price bracket well above the A3. I'll agree that Kia/Hyundai have come a long way in recent years, but it seems like they still need some help in the ride/suspension department. I test drove a Sorento SX a few years ago and was really surprised by how busy the ride was. From what I've heard, a lot of Kia/Hyundai models have busier rides than one would expect.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Additionally, the Audi doesn't look like it's a candidate for a carriage roof and gold-tone brightwork.