Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Excellent Visibility Makes Small Cabin Feel Large - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited May 2015 in MINI

imageExcellent Visibility Makes Small Cabin Feel Large - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

The Mini Cooper has been around for several generations, and as before, visibility is still strong in our 2014 Mini Cooper. Seeing the limits of the car isn't as easy as it was in the past, though.

Read the full story here

Comments

• veedubber86veedubber86 Member Posts: 57
    Is the windshield more steeply raked in this one than the previous generation? When I drive the older Mini, I find that my visibility is cut off by the top of the windshield. When I'm first in line at a red light, I have to lean forward to see when it turns green (I'm 6 feet tall and fit fine in the Mini, but I sit fairly far back).
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    This car does look to have excellent visibility - that's missing from too many cars nowadays. Which is why I probably would not have spend money on the parking sensors if I were optioning it out.
  • darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    A must-have for a MINI, and such a simple "fix": the light-in-sight appliqué. It makes all traffic signals perfectly visible, while sitting normally. It's brilliant!

http://www.lightinsight.com/
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Holy crap! MINI should OEM that. They could offer it in chrome or checkered flag versions and charge $600 for it. And if you don't order it, they could just have the outline of it etched on the windshield, to show everyone that you cheaped out.